The Plastic Problem

So, it all started when I was in grade 2 in 2019. I started a club that focused on picking up litter. However, when the pandemic hit, I still wanted to help the environment. So, I purchased some books on how to reduce plastic and asked my parents if we could make an effort to reduce plastic usage. They agreed, so I continued to ask my school and parents to take more action to reduce plastic waste.

Have you heard of BIOPlastics? It’s a type of plastic that is made from natural materials such as corn, mushrooms, and paper rock. Some people are encouraging farmers to grow crops that can be used to make BIOPlastics. There are many different types of plastics, some of which are recyclable and some are not. Some plastics are harmful to the environment, while others are much better. There are both plant-based and non-plant-based options available. Some options are widely known while others are less common.

If you want to resist plastic use, here are some helpful tips:

– Avoid using plastic cutlery.

– Purchase bars of soap or refill your old soap containers.

– Take care of your belongings so you can use them again and again.

– Buy goods from bulk stores.

– Lastly, spread the word and encourage others to follow your lead. Remember, this is the most important step towards making a positive change.

Here are some ways kids can help the environment: picking up litter, encouraging others to refuse plastic bags, and creating cardboard crafts.

In conclusion, reducing plastic waste is an important step towards protecting our environment, and we can all do our part in making a positive change. By following the tips mentioned above and encouraging others to do the same, we can collectively make a difference. Whether it’s through picking up litter, refusing plastic bags, or using cardboard crafts, there are many ways that kids and adults alike can contribute to a more sustainable future. Let’s take action today to create a greener tomorrow for ourselves and future generations.

11 thoughts on “The Plastic Problem

1. hi phoebe

I really liked your blog post. I never knew about the plastic problem . what is the plastic problem ? is it some sort of problem where people are just using lots and lots of plastic and it’s piling up and it isn’t good for the environment? I’d love to learn more about the plastic problem .

from laser

1. Hi Laser,
      The plastic problem is that people use single use plastics.
      Yes,
      the plastic problem is that plastic is piling up;
      But also plastic is getting into the ocean.
      Turtles are eating plastic bags which they can’t digest,
      and they die.

From phoebe140

2. Hi,
    Thanks for telling us about the plastic problem. I told my mom to stop using plastic bags as much as posable! What did you tell your parents ?
    Reader Girl

1. Hi Reader Girl,
      The plastic problem is that people use single use plastics like as you said plastic bags.
      I started thinking about the plastic problem when I read the book the plastic problem.
      I said to my parents can we try to start using less plastic.

From Phoebe140

3. What a very important global challenge you have shared! You’re on the cutting edge of what we think the future is! I am now even finding and using products with less plastics like laundry detergent sheets (no plastic bottles) shampoo balls, and even refillable deodorant capsules. Did you think of any other potential inventions for less or plastic-free lifestyles? Thank you for this important post!

1. Hi Chelsea Cleveland,
      I was thinking that we could use bulk stores instead of stores that use plastic and that you can buy new in a package. But I know that the bulk store nearest to me does not have kosher symbols anymore. So if you have any bulk stores that has kosher symbols nere you I would recommend that.
      From Phoebe140

4. Hi, phoebe I wrote a speech about plastic pollution and I just finished with it your work is really nice and I’m really impressed with this they are some mistakes with punctuation but that’s ok, other than that it’s really nice.

1. Hi Moonlight2,
      That is cool that you wrote a speech about plastic pollution!
      It makes me vary happy that lots of people are seeing my blog post and lisening to me.
      It also makes me happy that people like my writing, I put a lot of effort on it.

From Phoebe140

2. Hi moonlight2,
      That is really cool that you wrote a speech about plastic pollution.
      I am really happy that you gave your honest opinion.
      Hope you have a great day!
      Phoebe14